Monday, October 10, 2005

Sick Week

I have been gone for a week and I know you are all dieing to know why I have been ignoring you. Well I have been busy being sick. For 3 days I tried to sleep it off and for the past 2 I have been trying to ignore the lingering vestiges of my killer cold. I reward for fighting off death, I get to come back to work.
I know when I promised to quit no latter than October 7th you all cheered, knowing that the endless griping would come to an end. I know I have mislead you all and let you down but hey, I need to make money somehow and the steady stream of rejection letters I have been receiving will not pay the bills. So here I am, at work. If only someone would offer to take me hostage and feed me maggots while making me listen to the original Backstreet Boys album, maybe then I would not have to subject myself to this kind of brain killing, soul sucking, vomit inducing, torture day in and day out. I once had a debate with Aarwenn about which was more effective as a form of torture, Christina Aguilera’s music or repeated, unnecessary Lasik eye surgery; clearly our imaginations were unable to grasp the true essence of torture. Torture leaves you dreading the prospect of living to see the sun come up.
Needless to say, I am ready for lunch.
In other news I am attempting to find something to be for Halloween. Boyfriend and I are at a loss. I think he wants to be something clever that might take you a few moments to get but is wildly entertaining once you do. I want to be something as a pair where I get to look hot and if it is entertaining and clever, well that would be an awesome bonus. Any and all ideas will be considered and appreciated.

1 comment:

Aarwenn said...

I don't know, I think that lasers stabbing my eye would have to make dread getting up tomorrow, but not the same way that the Melting Pot did. So I completely understand the job despair. Good luck, you know I'm pulling for you.

And for the record, I actually like Christina Aguilera's music--the girl can sing. Apparently not everyone does, though--that debate was spurred by hearing reports that the U.S. had tortured detainees by, yes, making them listen to "Genie in a Bottle".

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!