Thursday, October 27, 2005

Let's hear it for unemployment!

So I have finally quit my job. (cue “Hallelujah” chorus) Tomorrow will be my last day. I must say that things are going better than expected. No one has threatened me and my supervisor said he was not surprised. Really, I’m not sure how anyone could be surprised seeing as how I am only the latest participant in the company’s growing “Jump Ship Now!” program. Still it is kind of eerie how little of an impact my departure is making.
I will be spending today and tomorrow cleaning things up. Fixing or passing off things in my long term “hold” box and updating people on my projects.
Hold the press!!!! As I am writing this I received an e-mail that our receptionist is leaving as of November. I am not making this up. This is ridiculous.
The point of all this is that you, my lovely internet friends, will no longer have to listen to me rant about my job. This might be a good thing but then again I have been told that I am at my most entertaining when I am angry. That is why I am warning you that, much like She Walks, I may become what some would call “less funny” in the near future. I will preemptively defend myself by saying that like Tacompton Tiffany, I am not here to entertain you. Oh, who am I kidding; I am here to entertain you but my first priority is me. That’s right; I am that selfish.
So I will continue to strive to bring you the best free entertainment I can. But you can expect to hear a lot more about my dog, car problems, job hunting fumbles, family issues, and general lack of skills and a lot less about my job and how much it sucks. See, I will still have plenty to say!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

who says you aren't going to hate bartending again . . . and I'm sure your work stories in regard to that will at least become a little more entertaining for all of us! Fuck I forgot my password . . .

Aarwenn said...

Seriously, work stories from a bar are going to be AWESOME! And it's Friday for me! WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!