Friday, December 30, 2005

In the spirit of lists, I mean New Years!

It would seem that new years is the season for lists. ½ the blogs I read regularly feature lists as their most recent posts. I’m not one to let an obvious trend pass me by and I really love making lists for no reason at all anyway so here we will have 2 lists for the past year and one for the New Year.
First, the obligatory “ 10things I learned in 2005”
1. Collage did not suck as much as I thought it did at the time, in fact it may have been the most fun I would ever have.
2. Having a boyfriend does not have to be heart-poundingly exciting or stomach-turningly disturbing at all times.
3. My metabolism is not infallible.
4. The internet is bringing me closer to the world. In 2004 I discovered the world of internet dating and met my amazing boyfriend and this last year I started this blog and met kt who is just as or even more fabulous in real life than her blog would lead you to believe.
5. Skiing is as important as breathing or sex. I cannot believe I never did it before. In fact, as first time experiences go, skiing was much more impressive than sex. Then again I had a much better partner for my first time skiing.
6. I HATE moving.
7. Political leanings are not very important in romantic relationships. Moral values are.
8. Vacations are important.
9. I believe in God. I’m not sure who or what God is and I’m still wildly skeptical about any type f organized religion but at least I have the God thing settled.
10. Pay attention to fortune cookies. Those little bitches know what they are talking about.

Now that we have covered lessons learned we will cover “5 things I regret” because you should never regret too much.

1. I should have visited my uncle more while he was in the hospital. As painful as it would have been to see him that way, it is more painful to think that he is gone and I can’t see him at all now.
2. I should have done more training before attempting to climb Rainier. If it was not for me we would have made it. Not that I regret trying, it was an awesome experience in the truest sense of the word.
3. I should have spent more quality time with my awesome dog.
4. I should have done something to keep my sister from getting into the situation she is currently in because even though it is not my fault I feel like I have failed as an older sister and a friend.
5. I should not have had so much to drink at the Halloween party. I am sorry I acted inappropriately, tried to fix the problem while drunk, and have no recollection of the evening whatsoever. (Sorry Josh, Sorry Mama)

Finally, we have a list of “10 things I will do in the coming year.”

1. I will pay off debts.
2. I will train my dog to run agility courses.
3. I will learn to cook using more wine in the food and drinking less while I make it.
4. I will help Tacompton Tiffany by becoming the gym Nazi for her sake and my own.
5. I will go rock climbing more because I love it and I don’t make enough time for it.
6. I will go to the dentist because I have not been since high school and that’s just bad no matter how good your enamel is.
7. I will get internet access at home.
8. I will be a better friend to my Mother because she deserves it.
9. I will take more pictures.
10. I will buy a real ironing board because I LOVE to iron and this half-assed table top thing is ruining it for me. Besides they cost like $15.00.

Hopefully we can all pull together and keep me on track because as you may have noticed I am as easily distracted as an ADHD 5 year old on crack with a sugar high. Yum sugar! I could really go for a peppermint mocha right now. Wait I just had one of those a few hours ago. I like puppies! What was I saying? Oh well here is a picture!




It's me and Boyfreind at a reasonably civilized party! (I know, pictures of me on my own site! whodathunk?)

2 comments:

Aarwenn said...

Dude, I'm famous! I took that picture!

Tacompton-Ass-Tiffany said...

Dude I'm more famous. I am one of her goals for the year!