Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Blah Humbug

I am angry at the universe for raising me to believe it is my God given right to get 2 weeks to a month of vacation for Christmas, only to recant its offer 24 years latter. Why do kids and Europeans get so much damn vacation? I could not quite figure out what my deal was yesterday morning. It was much worse than a normal Monday. Dragging my self to the office un-showered and 15 min late I realized that, in 24 years of existence, I have never had to get up before noon on the 19th of December for anything I did not want to do.
Who voted for this? I want a recount! I think that my uncharacteristic lack of enthusiasm for the holidays can be 100% blamed on the lack of time having a “real” job will give you. I have not had time to go shopping, wrap gifts, decorate much of anything, find the prefect holiday party outfit, or go look at Christmas lights. Usually by this time I have decorated everything stationary, bought something for everything that moves, tied up all purchases is coordinated ribbons and paper, renewed people’s hate of Mariah Carrey with my instant love of her Christmas album, and happily sipped hot buttered rum while oh-ah-ing at brightly decorated houses.
Last night I told boyfriend that he was a snob and hard to buy things for. Are we seeing the difference here? If this is me as an adult, screw it because THIS SHIT SUCKS!
In the magical holiday wonderland that is Whistler, I had an awesome time but then again, I had time. Time to spend on doing nice things for myself and my friends. That is what this season is about to me. Next year I am taking the week of Christmas off.

1 comment:

kt said...

yeah, the real world sucks. and it's not just christmas.. i'm resentful around spring break and the summer too.