Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Fun with water

So here I am at work again. I got up record-brakingly late today and still managed to be here ON TIME. Something I have not done since my first week on the job. I thought I was in for a day of luck and joy, stuffed to the brim with the kind of fortunate happiness one might imagine a 6 year old girl experiencing should she find an entire box of puppies on her front porch. Alas, this was not to be. Friends, I arrived to work today to a ½ empty (yes I’m a ½ empty kind of a person) bottle of water I had left on my desk yesterday and because I am weird, I decided to swish the water around in the bottle to do away with all the accumulated condensation on the inside of the bottle. This included turning the bottle all the way upside down which I did, as any sane person would, DIRECTLY OVER MY KEYBORD! This action alone would be fairly innocuous except for one thing. In my desperate attempt to get out side and away from my windowless cube, I tend to do things like leave my computer logged into or forget my Tupperware for a week at a time or screw the lid to my water bottle on HALFWAY instead of tightly fastening it onto the bottle. Therefore I had to rush though the ever changing labyrinth that is my workplace (did I mention that the door nearest my cube is now a wall? It has drywall and everything) attempting to track down some absorbent material of some type. Returning with some paper towels, I clean up my mess as best I could. Still, small splashes are gurgling out around the “S” key and there is a strange swishing noise if I move the keyboard out of the way. Good times, Good times.

No comments: