Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More on the disassembly of houses.

So it’s been another weekend of progress at the P-Town pad. This weekend we had help from my father-in-law and his wife plus my Mom, not to mention the usual suspects (myself, DH and the ever helpful Marrs family)
The first major accomplishment for the project . . . NO MORE WALLPAPER! Here we pose with my In-laws in the last room to be cleared of the evil plague that is wallpaper.



Do you know what happens after the wallpaper is all gone? Skim-coating. Basically a fancy word for “learn to apply plaster to your walls” Here my FIL and DH prepare to “mix it up” (the plaster that is)



And here they are actually performing said mixing.



Here is my FIL still full of enthusiasm for the plastering portion of the project, mainly because he has not yet begun to experience the fun that is skim-coating.



Here DH and FIL get down to business.



After 6 bags of plaster have been mixed and applied, DH is sent to the black hole of money and time that is Home Depot to pick up some more, where he discovers that it is just as cheep to buy pre-mixed plaster. Sigh.

Here I am applying the much easier to work with pre-mixed topping compound.



Here is DH attempting to look menacing.



This is Micah. He is helping if by helping you mean following me around asking if there is anything he can screw. Typical man.



Here the team (minus my mom who is behind the camera) takes a brake for sustenance of the Mexican variety.



Basically, we are getting pretty close to being able to apply our fancy VOC free paint. Which we still have to go buy. I don’t even really want to think about all the cupboards and baseboards and cleanings that also need to be primed and painted (and in some cases sanded beforehand) I also don’t want to think about the “office” where I took down more classy 70’s wood paneling to discover . . . well, lets just say it was not a wall as you and I know it. I also don’t want to think about the decorative wall of bricks built ON TOP OF the orange shag carpet in there. Suffice to say, the office project is on hold. Instead of focusing on all that, I will just post this picture of our Toilet Paper Dispenser.



Why yes, that is an alarm-clock-radio and a phone and you can bet your booty-licious moneymaker that it works and we are keeping it. Come visit, it will be next to the guest bed.




No comments: