Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Midlife Crisis Plan

Everyone knows about my plans when I get old. I am going to get very fat and spend hours every day at the YMCA doing water aerobics. I am going to get there on the bus which I will ride for free by arguing incessantly with the bus driver over my transfers and whether or not they are expired. And on the weekends I am going to crash weddings pretending to be so-and-so’s great aunt whoever, drinking cheep wine and eating more than my share of cake (I have to stay fat somehow!) Yes this is my retirement dream. It took me years to perfect. But now I have discovered something else I must do and it will require that I not be old, fat, and possibly drunk. So you all get to be the first to know about my budding “midlife crisis plan.”


It starts with this. I am going to join The Sprockettes when I turn 40. I figure by then I will be in desperate need of pink Lycra and black fishnets. I get to be the one trying to pop the other girl's head doff using the strength of her massive rock hard thighs.

No comments: