Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I Love Fall Walks, Target, and Romance

I had a fabulous weekend; Perhaps the best in recent history. To avoid confusion, we will go in chronological order.
Friday~
After work I called Boyfriend. He was at my house waiting for me! When I got home we took Taj to the park for over an hour. After that, Taj and I went over to T’s house. I was supposed to take her to pick up her brand new car (they were installing a sunroof). They did not have her car yet but I did get to go to the Subaru dealership and check out all the 06 models of all the cars I want. After that it was back to the house to get ready for a night out with Boyfreind’s work friends. I had never met these people before so I called in reinforcements. That way if they were boring or annoying I would still have someone to talk to. My cousin N came with us. He is a little younger than me and kind of a looker so going out with him is lots of fun. He can drink, he is modest and I have no fear that he is just trying to get in my pants. We had fun with the work friends but moved the party to the neighborhood bar to meet up with Aarwenn, TheBoy, and another friend of theirs and mine. I had too much to drink and had a good time. Strangely, I realized that going “out” is no longer really my thing. I think I would have had more fun for less money inviting everyone over for drinks. Its comforting to know that as my lifestyle is outgrowing the party, party, party mode, so are my tastes.
Saturday~
I got up and Boyfriend made me breakfast of French toast with real maple syrup and a fruit smoothie. My sister and I cleaned the whole house. I ran errands and then went on a gorgeous fall day walk with Aarwenn and the Dogs (also one of the highlights of my weekend). We went to Starbucks, a newish record store, and a pet boutique. All some of my favorite things to do! And all of those stores save Starbucks allow dogs inside! I canceled a Sushi Party dinner with friends to go hang out in Oly with Boyfreind. We took a walk at sunset (that’s 2 walks in one day for me!) another highlight of my weekend. We ended up at one of our favorite bookstores and as we were walking up to the front door, a group of guys drove by in a truck and yelled out the window at Boyfreind “I want to do your wife!” This made me happy for 2 reasons. One, I am hot (I have been losing weight) and two, we look solid as a couple to other people. After spending sometime at the bookstore we begin the walk home. The bay was shinning in the moonlight and the capitol building was all lit up and I just thought “I could live like this and be happy.” Then a Friend of Boyfreind called to invite us to poker night. We went, Boyfreind won, I drank a lot (again) and our host graciously took the sofa so we could sleep in his bed and not have to drive home.
Sunday~
We woke up at 11. We went to Boyfreind’s house where he made me lunch and then he got ready to go to the wedding of an old friend of mine with me. We went to Target (I love Target) to buy a wedding gift. Then I went to my Mom’s house to have her take in the dress I wanted to wear. My sister was there and so was my dog. The dog has apparently gained some notoriety in the community. My sister said that while she was enjoying the sun and some coffee at Tully’s she was approached my 6 different groups of people to admire the dog. One of which recognized him from the record store on Saturday. Another of which was attending the same wedding as me latter that night. I did my make up while my Mom finished my dress then Boyfreind came to get me and we went to Target again (I love Target) to buy me new shoes.
The wedding was beautiful and extremely well done. The reception was TONS of fun. I found out that M (who has been my friend since 3rd grade) and her longtime boyfriend are now engaged. I danced with Boyfreind. I threw my diet out the window and had great food and cake. I drank champagne. Finally, in a obviously planned orchestration of efforts on the part of at least 10 of my friends, I ended up with the bouquet. We didn’t get home until late and went to seep happy on all fronts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that answers that. Hooray for great weekends!

Aarwenn said...

well, well, well. I just may puke.

Although I'm happy I'm on that list of great things--I've listened to my CDs constantly since I bought them.

Aarwenn said...

Also, Titan has squeaked the blue ball CONSTANTLY since I brought it home, but neither Sascha or Titan seem to be into the yellow dinosaur. Oh well. :)