Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Head Splitting Hooky

I am writing this from a coffee shop at 11:00 on a Wednesday morning. I was supposed to be at work today. I really even planned on going but the alarm going off nearly split my head in two. The throbbing did not stop once I turned the alarm off. When I got out of bed and turned on the light I was struck down with a rod of lightning. The flash ripped behind my right eye tearing a hole through my brain from it to my right ear. Yum, morning migraine.
This has happened before. So I turned the light off and started to get ready for work. First I chugged down 3 times the suggested dosage of some over the counter migraine pills. Then I went to take a shower in the dark.
Brilliant.
I fell over twice, each time the migraine pills laughed at me. “We won’t help your headache go away! We will just burn holes in your stomach!” That plus the dizzy felling made me decide that the universe it trying to tell me something. DON’T GO TO WORK! Too much stress and nothing to make me happy until I get home has begun to take a rather large toll on my health.
I called work and told them I had a migraine and I might be in latter.
I went back to bed.
I woke up at 8:45 feeling like a bed of fresh roses (that is I smelled good and looked better but if you were to disrupt me in any way I would have ripped a thousand tiny holes in your flesh just to watch you bleed)
I decided to go downtown and use the Internet at a coffee shop to send in some applications. It is time for a new job. But I have finished that and now I am faced with the question, do I go into work now that I am feeling better? Probably I should. Damn.

2 comments:

Aarwenn said...

So, did you? Inquiring minds want to know.

Anonymous said...

No doubt, Aarwenn....

Tell us, Ms. T-Town!

Also whether you found appealing jobs....