Monday, July 18, 2005

Just Breathe. . .Internet Access Is Not Everything

I have 45 min until I leave work today and for once that makes me sad. It is sunny outside and I do want to go frolic in the summerness with my dog. I swear I really do. It is just that I’m moving right now and therefore my only access to an internet connection is at work. Does anyone else find it strange that I feel utterly cut off and disconnected from humanity when I am outside interacting with others but I feel like an integral part of the world and its workings while I sit in a chair facing a screen, keyboard and phone all day?
That is the point of this frantically composed e-mail being shot off in the very last seconds of my work day.
I’m writing to quell the panic that is infesting me as we speak. Slowly, other terrors that await me come to my mind. Like, I have no cable either. No internet café is in walking distance. Somehow I will survive. I will have to distract myself with setting up my house. At least I may get something done. I suppose, if I must, I can always write. . . with pen and paper. Such a lost art these days, the thought of it is enough to make me puke (just a little) You don’t want to see my writing before spell check. (any of you who have met me know that much)
So I will bravely go out into the sun and once my eyes have adjusted to the bright, bright light, and I have shed the sweater I wear to protect me from the hyper-active air conditioner, me and my sad station wagon will go home to pick up my dog and go to the dog park. But I might end up at the internet café so don’t postpone your responses. If you do I might be forced to call my real-life friends, and they would like that too much.

1 comment:

T-town Girl said...

DSL is abhorrently expensive in my opinion. That won’t stop me from getting it but it does give me something else to complain about. I could quite feasibly go to coffee shops if I need the internet outside of work but that would not be very convenient when I need to prove my boyfriend wrong about some trivial thing.