Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Hot Geeks

I am, as we have discussed before, a huge geek. My sister/roommate and I were both raised to value this particular trait in ourselves and others to a point beyond reason. I am impress by people who know which characters crossed over from “Star Trek: The Next Generation” to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.” I find people who frequently discuss the math and science I have no hope of ever understanding inspiring. And I have a major soft spot for themed parties.
Because I am broke and stubborn, I decided we would not turn the heat on until the 12th of November. Because we are geeks, we decided that “Turnin’ up the heat” is a reasonable excuse to have a party. But not just any party, a party with HOT buttered rum, HOT mulled wine, HOT spiced cider, HOT Cheetos HOT tamales candies, and fire HOT jolly ranchers. See, we are big geeks.
The party was a success in that most of our friends had a good time and much of the HOT food and beverages were consumed. The party was not a success in that 2 people had their wallets stolen. The party was a success in that one of our guests brought us “Down in Flames” t-shirts (thanx Ben!). There are no pictures because I am not much of a picture taker. In fact there is little evidence that this party happened at all save Aarwenn’s missing wallet and the fact that I finally put my guest room together. It now has a bed and does not have any of the following 1) an Ikea hanging pan rack, 2) 15 sets of cheep Venetian blinds banished from the windows for their complete lack of tastefulness 3) empty cardboard boxes which originally contained such things as “hand painted ceramic oil/balsamic vinegar and bread service for six” No sir, all those things are now under the basement stairs where they will live full and happy lives with the spiders until their whole society is consumed by spring cleaning (scheduled for late summer 2008).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tiffany.

Why were shady people allowed to turn up the heat with you?

Aarwenn said...

HOT GEEKS! Got to love them. I think mine is pretty freakin' hot, for example. And I'm hot. And so are you, and so is Josh, and so is your sister. So we prove that geeks are hot so far.

kt said...

i'm a hot geek too - yippie!
and i think your party sounds like fun - that's the kind of crap i like to do too. =)