Monday, November 28, 2005

The crack that is skiing has moved Brittney Spears into a position of importance.

Did you know that a season pass to Crystal Mountain Washington for a child is $25.00? That is ½ the cost of a single adult lift ticket. You can outfit a small child with skis boots and bindings for about $150.00, less than the cost of a pair of boots for an adult. Why? It is because the ski/snowboard industry has learned a lot from your neighborhood crack dealer. If you let these fearless speed daemons tear down the mountain when they have less than 3 feet to fall and no sense of mortality, they will get good at it. They will crave the freedom and intensity of the slopes. They will grow up, get jobs, make money, and spend it on better gear, bigger thrills, and longer runs. Most likely they will even have children. Unaware of the traitorous plot behind it all, they will be pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive it will be to tech their children the joy of high speed snow sports. They will sign their kids up for lessons, strap some type of something to their tiny feet and drag them down the tunnel of addiction, gleefully leading the way.
I know this because I am one hundred percent hooked on skiing. I went last weekend, and the weekend before that. This coming weekend I am going up to whistler to ski the whole time. I dream of skiing, I look at skis online, I talk about snow conditions and have decided that when I get married I no longer want a honeymoon on a beach with drinks that have umbrellas in them. No, now I want a ski vacation full of snow and hot tubs and hot buttered rum.
All this and really hate to be cold.
Until now I would have classified being cold as one of the top 5 things I hate the most in the history of the universe. It would be like, The Holocaust, Wal-Mart, washing dishes by hand, spiders, and being cold. Now I will have to remove it from my list and actually acknowledge Britney Spears as significant in some capacity. The fact that it is in the position of being one of the worst things in the history of the universe is some small consolation but it is still a bad state of things.
The point is that this site will now be about skiing and how much I love it for the next few months. If you don’t like the slopes you should and I say that with all the authority of an overzealous convert. Much like a newly baptized Mormon, my enthusiasm knows no bound so get ready. So to sum it all up; taking up Skiing is like joining a cult that loves crack and I have joined wholeheartedly and am addicted and Britney Spears is significant only in her determent to the human race. Now, back to browsing REI outlet for some boots.

5 comments:

Tacompton-Ass-Tiffany said...

Okay, I won't actually shamelessly quote your blog, but yay snow! And yes, exactly like crack, it fills your mind and possesses you, leaving you unable to think about spending a weekend doing anything else . . . in other words: Sunday is no longer house cleaning day (until the season is over at least) And . . . so excited for Whistler, I can't even work because that's all I'm thinking about . . . obviously you can't either, because this is a new post.

kt said...

welcome to the club! although, snowboarding is SOOOOO much better...

Aarwenn said...

Who's up for going this weekend?

Oh, wait. Right. Y'all will be in Whistler. Never mind. Sigh...maybe I'll try to hook up with some Boeing kids going to Stevens? Except that I'd have to meet them in LYNNWOOD, for God's sake. Do you know how early I'd have to get up???

kt said...

ahaha! Aarween - stevens is where i learned how to ride. =)

Anonymous said...

I love the mind altering effect of deep pow and big mountains. Its all about Alpental my friend. You can hit crystal and get a lot of turns in or get some beautiful terrain at Stevens but no one has the immediate access of the Alpental Backcountry. The backcountry is amazing and deep and usually there is plenty to go around. Just avoid the red jackets and be carefule!

Nathan -at- Evogear.com