Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So here is my lovely minty kitchen. Not everyone (Mama) is a fan of the color but I actually really like it. I think that the pan racks and the kitchen cart are a big improvement and if I hang onto the stove long enough, maybe it will qualify as vintage someday!
Big kitchen window looking out onto the patio.

Here is the view from the hallway in the back of the house through the dinning room to the living room.
My favorite room in the house! I have added a salon style grouping of framed photographs on the back wall. I will have to post pictures of that soon but it is not quite done yet.
The entrance to our humble abode.
The North side of the living room.
My reading corner. I got a sweet deal on the comfy chair and the crazy hanging lamp came with the house. I think that Josh not-so-secretly hates it but he let me keep it. Either because he loves me and wants to indulge me or because he wants something to hold over my head. I guess we will find out which next time he wants something.
Our living room is coming together. I originally wanted to put a mirror above the fireplace as is traditional in house of this age. I even have the mirror but I hung the artwork there instead. We have too much artwork to be wasting prime wall space on mirrors.
Here is our very large TV. It is much larger than any other TV I have ever had. I have to admit, I am starting to like it.
Our guest room is finally ready. It is another of my favorite spots to read. Its nice and sunny with one window overlooking the patio and the other looking out onto the beginnings of our vegetable garden.
The guest room is also the music room with a real home for my keyboard and Josh's guitars.
And of course, a bed.
So that's the progress on the house for now. Soon (and by soon I mean before next Christmas) I will have some pictures of our bedroom, the office, and the yard. Maybe by refusing to post pictures in a timely fashion I can encourage you all to come see the house in person? Its worth a shot.

1 comment:

Dr. Spoke said...

Looks great! The guest room turned out fantastic!

Papa