Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Keeping it real is time consuming

I am sure that the millions of readers that wait with baited breath for me to post have all given themselves serious cases of exhaustion during my recent unexplained hiatus. Well I have news for you all, sometimes I have better things to do than post. Actually that might be a lie. It is not that I have BETTER things to do so much as I have more pressing things to do. Still, I do feel some slight pangs of remorse at my poor treatment of my ever dwindling audience so this post will serve as an update.
The ski obsession continues. I bought new ski boots because the pathetic relics that came with my season rental package were so lose in the heal my skis were running on a 2 second delay. Very annoying. The new boots had to be broken in and so I have spent more than a few evenings watching TV, Cooking, and just plain lounging around in my new boots. I discovered that the aggressive stance forced on me by these boots gives me a kick-ass gagsta walk that I have yet to duplicate without their help. I will keep you all updated on that project.
In training for the day I will have children, I have been cultivating a pattern of ignoring my dog and showering him with expensive gifts he will not appreciate or value as much as my time. Realizing that his recent efforts to cut the size of my underwear collection in half might have something to do with the lack of attention he receives, I have signed us up for an agility class. These are something like obstacle courses for your dog. I think he will be good at them and you can rest assured that there will be a flood of pictures of Taj in the near future. You will most likely be able to print them out and make a live action flip book of my dog jumping hurdles or some such thing every week because like all bad parents, I will be fully willing to take responsibility for his talent while blaming him for his habit of hiding behind me and whimper-growling when someone comes to the door.
My sister and I will soon have a new roommate. My last roommate is moving into our “guest” room. Therefore I will have to move all of my outdoor gear to the space under the basement stairs. On the plus side, I happen to know that this new addition to our little household will do the dishes and I hate to do the dishes. A reorganization of chores will be done soon and I love to reorganize. I probably spend more time planning and organizing than I spend doing and cleaning. Everything works better in theory than in real life. Because of my random “gypsy blood” syndrome, all this change makes me really want to move. Not in that I actually want to move because I know that I hate moving but I have begun to think that I would like to live on my own without family or boyfriends or roommates next time. Since both my sister and the new roommate are hoping to get into programs more than 100 miles away from the wondrous collection of crap and humanity I call tacompton, this might happen as soon as September. That will probably be too soon since we have discussed that I am not so good with the doing.
Well I hope that brings everyone up to date. And you, my IIFs, can expect the same level of renewed dedication I have promised to Taj. If I am lying I will send you each a handful of Milkbones.

1 comment:

Tacompton-Ass-Tiffany said...

"gagsta" walk . . . haha!