Friday, February 03, 2006

I got a fever. . .

Those of you who are not currently in the Seattle area may not know this but an epidemic has struck. A vile sickness has infested the population and few have been left unscathed. Most people are walking around looking green or blue and screaming and yelling all due to the effects of “Poser Seahawks Fan Fever.” There are some who have managed to escape PSFF infection. There are some who were immune because they have been long and loyal Seahawks fans (Hi Rachel!) but one look around my office today is enough to prove the severity of this epidemic.
I myself may have a low-grade case of PSFF. I mean I AM wearing my 100% totally awesome 1987 Seahawks sweatshirt. I have owned this sweatshirt since I was a kid. It was passed down to me as a hand me down play shirt from my only older cousin who is a boy. I wear it sometimes as a kind of joke. Also it makes me happy to fit into something I had in elementary school. Granted it was about 5 sizes to baggy at the time but hey, it was the 80s. The point is I don’t really like football as much as I like water chestnuts wrapped in bacon with a side of keg. I don’t really like football as much as bacon in general but I have dated people I like less than bacon (. . .James). I can tell my case is very mild however because I plan to ski through the Super Bowl (is that one word or 2?). Whatever, I will be slicing through the fresh powder all day not working on my beer/bacon combo belly.
So what if the Seahawks have never made it to the Super Bowl before? I didn’t care when they were losing and I don’t care all that much now. Really I don’t. Still, I could not give up the chance to actually wear this shirt to work. . . and maybe all weekend while I ski. What? You have a problem with that? You got something to say, Pittsburg?

4 comments:

Aarwenn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aarwenn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sorry to disappoint you but, yo, we won.

Aarwenn said...

How do you know this incredibly hot guy from Pittsburgh, and why didn't I meet him while I lived there?