Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Poetry

Well I have finally succumb to the overwhelming temptation that has haunted me since starting this blog a few years ago. I figure I have lost the majority of my audience with the combination of my woefully sporadic posting and somewhat abrasive personality so really, I can start posting my self indulgent poetry if I damn well feel like it. What have I got to lose? Last I checked I had 2 semi-regular readers and both of you are somewhat obligated to care what I say simply by your relationship to me. The quality of the drivel I throw on this site should really have very little influence upon your reading habits.
Right, so on to the poetry.


There is an inherent grace in liquid.
I have begun to investigate the parallels
That exist between the
Flowing and swirling
Of watery things
And the seemingly senseless
Arcs and flows of
My trajectory.

If grace is essential
And included in
all those parts of
all those things
that are as simple as
water
sky
love
faith

If grace is mathematical
And science is so very
Elegant

The elemental connection
Between my
Body
ground
inspiration
realization

is complete
and knowable
without
my knowing completely
whatever that means.

As I touch the surface of the water
The ripples carry me.
The art of life
Is to see how everything contains Grace
(Def: The fusion of those things we call God and Science.
Def: Things witch are elegant and correct by the laws of each.
Def: The embodiment of that which brings one closer to the divine.)
And is contained by it
And all that is excluded
Is possession

1 comment:

Rick said...

I like your poem. I get it reading it the first time and less so the more I read. that I think is the best kind of poem.

so, does "posession" have to include a garage full of bikes?